get some brake clean and rags,scraper and get it clean.

throw some baby powder around the output seals or where you think it may have a leak. this will slow the leak before windage moves it every where.

most times the wet washed area is clean and oily with gunk built up around the area.

IIRC you can remove the yokes and change the output shaft seals and IIRC you can remove the front output shaft seal housing and replace the gasket. the flat cover for front output has a gasket also.

I will have a look at the old Chilton books I have and see how much is involved on the rear xfer output housing gaskets seals.

cant be 2 hard as I installed the ajustachain kit and the part time kit 1x but never have seen anyone with it or another kit for sale in 30 yrs

been a while since I serviced a good ol 4x4 full time but miss doing it.

IIRC I found some 2 lip seals I used on the front trans pump that kept water out as well as fluid in the trans. I think I used 2 lip seals on the output shafts or axles maybe..? maybe not. I do remember learning about the one for the trans.

I was doing a lot of deep water swamping with 17/40/15 ground hawgs and 6" lift in a 79 RC, man I miss the mud some days but had enough of it now days. cant jump up in a 4x4 now so I be a lowered & tub street freak now.