Quote:

rustbucket a couple of questions.
What did you end up buying and the cost of the bare heads?
What did you pay to have the machine work done to just stock form out of the box Stealth head.
Cost of the valves?
Cost of the springs-retainers - locks- cups

I gess my point is that you said that you didn't need to buy parts that you would not use.Well even if you throw the springs out and all the retainers and locks your still ahead of the game by buying Stealth heads at $950.

Motors are not rocket science and most of us farmers do not need to tweek every little part to get that .00001 more ET.I look at it this way. If I buy a Honda car you will not see me tearing it apart just to make sure the the guy that assembled it did his job right.I personaly think that most aftermarket parts would work fine for 70% of the guys that are building a healthy motor without tweeking.We read on here where a guy that has a nine second car and he tweeked the heads and change this and that and all of the sudden we need to do that to our 13 second car.
I find that the differance between my slow 10.6 car and his 9 second car is thousands of dollars.When I line up to race him there is no differance.

I already had my titanium valves, retainers, locks, and valve springs that are matched to the 670 lift roller cam I am using. My choice for head was either stock cast iron or these stealth heads (because they look stock) I simply stated that I called to buy the stealth heads bare and 440 source said no. One of the questions for this thread was if 440 source sold them bare and I answered his question. I have bought bare Heads from Stage V, Indy and Mopar Performance. I think asking a manufacterer if they sell their heads bare is a legitimate question. Also, if brandon from 440 source only values the springs, retainers and locks at 40 bucks ( as stated by someone else in this thread) I would be very cautious about the quality of those parts. Every time I have ever used cheaper parts than what I knew I should be using, they were the first to break and then usually took out something else..... but thats just my experience.

The bottom line is I answered the gentlemans question.... why is everybody attacking me???