I also will not have that much money in my current whole project truck.

To be fair, that suspension kit only does the front end, and then you have to add up the expenses of rebuilding everything else on the 61-71 truck. The cost of the front end does not give you everything new on the whole truck, it just gives you new stuff on the front suspension.

I'm pretty sure a guy can rebuild the front brakes and front suspension on a 73-93 1/2 ton pickup a lot cheaper then $2795 then the "kit" does not come with a steering box ($200 for a manual or $400 for power steering), or suspension springs ($400 for new coil over shocks, or free spacers, but no springs at the base price). Most anyone even a little frugal should be able to buy the 73-93 frame, rebuild the front and rear brakes, rebuild the front and the rear suspension, replace all the body mounts, and still have money left over to put towards other things he wants to upgrade for the same money the kit costs.

When you buy that kit, you will still have to remove the front springs and the standard trans mounting brackets, you still have to make a trans crossmember, and install the front suspension. You still have to deal with the master cylinder, brake lines and the gas tank mounting & associated fuel lines.

In the short term, I guarantee installing that front suspension kit will not be the final money spent to make a 61-71 truck a nice driver. To assume adding a front suspension kit will make something old new again is incorrect thinking. The front suspension is only part of the deal, and though it is in line with most other currently available front suspension kits on the market, $3 grand is a pretty big bite to start with. It may have an advantage over other kits because it is specifically made for the Dodge trucks. I believe for my money, I will pick up a newer Dodge truck frame or clip and use OEM factory stuff. Gene