Its so easy to lock the phaser there is no need to replace it and locking it don't even have to cost money, just pop off the back cover and put something in it to keep it from moving like a nut or steel ball or fill it with JB weld... you could even use different shims on either side of the vanes to set cam timing exactly where you want it. Anyhow, there are plenty of cams available for VVVT engines or you can just get one of the cam grinders to regrind your factory one. If you just have to get rid of it there is a kit on ebay to do exactly what you describe so you can use any non-vvt style cam you want.

I do agree with the intake questions, it should be a very simple casting core with no water passags or anything and very popular so why the heck do they have to cost so dang much? How hard could it be to run a dominator flange?

Adjustable rockers and solid lifters would seem to be very nice on the surface but the stock stuff works so well that it would be a waste on most builds, only high end stuff will see benifits from it.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!