I have the original 26" rad in my 70 sport satellite, had it recored with high efficiency core, factory shroud, a/c water pump (car has/is a/c), factory 195 deg stat... . 7 blade fan with thermostatic clutch . . . all I can say is, DAMN, this thing runs way cool !!! . . . on the temp gauge, it is on the second line up from the "C" . . . not even half way on the gauge. Everything is/was new when put together .. . . 10k miles on it now !!!

So back a little while, and I had the car running hot when you got over 60mph. Around town, no problem . . . also there was a noise like valve train noise, and a "vibration" in the steering wheel (only) . . . after 5 years, finally figure out I was missing a triangular piece that goes between the power steering pump bracket and water pump. Without the triangular bracket, the power steering pump was vibrating and broke the mounting bracket, making the noise and vibration !!! . . . also, because on small block ac car, the water pump and power steering pump are same belt, it was "loose" . . . all problems gone with correct brackets (yes replaced cracked/broken ones and added the missing one) . . . car is quiet at speed now, no vibration in steering wheel and runs totally cool !!

Sorry for the hijack . . . hope this might help someone else . . .

Cheers,

Mark