This thread is the result from the recent thread titled "Original Headlights"

It specifically focuses on B-Body Muscle era Original and New-Old-Stock General Electric Headlamps.

This thread does not claim to be definitive. It is a work in progress; a learn as we go.

Anyone with supportive information is encouraged to share here.

I've read that General Electric headlamps were the original, correct headlamps for pre-1970 B-Bodies. Westinghouse headlamps seem to have entered the scene starting in 1970.

A quick look at the current offerings at the various auto parts house reveals the following available brands: Sylvania, EiKO, Wagner, and Philips.

So I guess it's good luck for anyone who wants Genuine made in the USA General Electric headlamps on their classic B-body Mopar.

Moving on, let me post what I believe to be the two remaining original headlamps from my St. Louis built 1969 Road Runner - SPD 9/10/68

Part numbers #4001(high) and #4002(low) are the correct part numbers.

Date code? April or August 1968? Anyone?

When I was cleaning up my two headlamps, the ink stamp from the 4002 bulb almost completely washed off. As a result, I messed up and ordered a P/N #4000 which supersedes #4002. Headlamp #4000 is marketed as a Plus25 bulb claimed by General Electric to provide 30% brighter whiter light for better visibility. I'm to understand this due to the fluting of the glass lens. For your viewing pleasure I've posted a side-by-side comparison below comparing the lens fluting.

Ebay score came in today. Now let's take a closer look ->

Below, side-by-side low beam fluting comparison

Below #4002 (1969)

Below #4000 (Later - Supersedes #4002)

Next post #4001 high beam ->