Originally Posted By poorboy
Just looking at the Crown Vick crossmember, I know it won't bolt up to the 54 Dodge frame.
I doubt there is anything that will bolt on to the 54 Dodge pickup frame without a lot of frame modification. Both frame rails on the 64 frame curve towards the center at the crossmember, and you will have to remove the crossmember. to bolt something up, you need straight rails. For the most part, that means you will probably be better off clipping the Dodge frame, and the Dakota will be the best match up, short of building a front frame yourself and bolting something to it.

I'm sorry if you are under the mistaken impression that modifying the entire front suspension is cheap or easy, and that something else fits it perfectly. Gene

Probably will do a dakota frame swap. The last one was easy to me and cheap as the original frame and the dakota body went over the scales for the price of the dakota.

I noticed the frame pinched in when I bought the truck. Mustang II looks like an option as the brake sizes have improved from the original pine size. Thanks for the input, I know a nova clip will work too. devil

56 Plaza 63 D100 step side 67 Coronet, 68 Roadrunner, 69 Super Bees, 69 Coronet 500 convertible, 70 Roadrunner Post, 79 D150 360, and a severe case of Mopar a,d,d