Originally Posted By crabman173
Howards sells lifters from a wide variety of makers
The cheaper hyd rollers from everywhere tend to be Johnsons--Yuck!
Morels basics are best out there for normal use--in Ford and Chevy applications morel offers a lot of part numbers all with very specific requirements for oil weight and max spring pressure and different preloads--all aimed at higher RPM have not checked in a while so they may offer those options in Mopar--Morel has three fine print pages of roller lifter part numbers so when you say Morel that covers a LOT of ground

My experience with hyd rollers in Mopars has been like this
Cranes first lifters were flawless and did anything I asked from the gas pedal NEVER any issues-they quit and Comps were only deal in town--plungers sticking --issues after issue--NO help from Comp ever so --off my list forever
Morels ye haaa!! Follow Morels directions and keep pressures as they require--rev like a chainsaw--no comebacks--RPM way more than you need in street applications ( race cars get solids--period) all good
Other brands can be from anywhere and now more players in the game so hard to tell what you are actually buying unless you consult guys in the know like COMPWEDGE, Marsh , and other top players

me....I am back to Ft hyd's and glad of it no more fuel pushrod issues, expensive distributor gears--all of which are just a PIA for a STREET car so if I need more I just go Solid--
I prefer solids in any real performance application--if your guy does not want to adjust valves--he needs a new Gen3 available at all dealers nationwide just my humble opinion

The other guys on here that build lots of engines and dyno them are the folks to ask -- In the beginning the hyd rollers looked like salvation after all the oil and lobe deals-- but after a few years-- after you actually weigh a pair of Mopar big block hyd rollers and after you see what Crazy stuff Mopar big block hyd rollers can "achieve" on a dyno then you get like me and say uuuhhhh just give me a solid and carry on Builders fight that lifter weight vs how much spring pressure is needed to get safe operation at desired RPM--and all the different lifter valve rates etc It is a tough battle and one I can't see fighting on a street engine

You sure we aint related? All of this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. J.Rob

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3