Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By RobR
I use them all the time..I also use a Innovators West balancer,I use 1" alum blocks to space out the stock water pump housing and I have never had any problems..I make the cam buttons and fit them.. no big deal..

Picture link..
https://imgur.com/JCOdTnu

1 inch spacer blocks behind the water pump and you've never had any problems?? Are you sure? Like maybe belt alignment problems? Or alternator mounting problems? Or the fan hitting the radiator problems?

Andy..

I machine the blocks to different thicknesses depending on what aftermarket balancer is being used or belt drive.That corrects the belt alignment issue..a little longer alt bolt and spacer takes care of the alt issue..and a solid fan "no clutch type fan"is a given, sometimes I need a little spacer to move the fan forward but most of the time I use nothing..I've done more than 50 this way..It just happened to be a 1" block on my own set up with an Innovators balancer and march pulley setup.I don't use stock pulleys but I have had to machine a 1/4" ring to go behind a bottom pulley and a 1/4" spigoted spacer to go behind the water pump pulley on different occasions..But 1" is about as far as I would go...and I've Never had a issue..
Best Regards
Rob