Originally Posted By CompWedgeEngines
Originally Posted By madscientist
I've done more than 25 Chevys with bearing spacers. It's no big deal. It won't cause a failure. If the main line is straight and your clearances are correct the engine won't know they are in there.

There being smart and then just going off the deep end. No way will bearing spacers cause a failure.

I agree with the Madman here...no biggie. yes, it isnt the normal " available shelf part". Spacers can be made, and are, all the time for diesel repairs, BBC , BBF and others.If you make a sleeve, the bores are round, the proper crush is set, its no different than the block itself.Some guys use motor bearing sleeves to build up to an available beatring size. So, would I be afraid? absolutely not. ( as I always post, " if done correctly") Is it cost effective or inhibitive in your case, only you can answer that. hard to say

And I didn't count all the Hemis that came in (and quite as few BBC's) that I had to oversize one or two mains and make up a sleeve or spacer to fix main bores that were ate up.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston