Quote:

I was looking at the new iron ram heads with the small combustion chamber. Flattop pistons and either comp's XS268S solid 230/236 or XS276S 236/242 at 0.50". Then again I do not know if the extreme energy line up builds more pressure than usual so that again may through the numbers out.

Does anyone run over 160 psi cranking pressure in a small block and have no gasket issues or ping issues on 91 octane?

I've run as high as 185 on open chamber iron heads (on a 383) and there were no issues with ping or detonation. But the tune was spot on. I dont think you'll want to run a flat top. I'd be looking into a dished piston. You want a small tight chamber, and a tight quench, and you can get away with more. The 230°@.050 cam might be a little small. What size smallblock?

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.