I have been doing some research on the correct water pump for a 69 Hemi. I have looked at the parts books and search on the net.

The consensus is that the 2843290 casting number is the correct pump. The part numbers changed over the years, and I understand the discussion about the 6 versus 8 blade pumps. Unfortunately the casting number is not similar to the part number, and I think because the pump can fit a slew of engines 361 to 426 big blocks, and the fact that water pumps were remanufactured there are a plenty of variations out there.

Here are several picture each with subtle or major deviations between them. Does anyone have a solid lock on what an assembly line version would look like. Some of my examples have internal casting numbers, other don't, one has SO on it, one has round fan mount others are crosses. Even the 2 6 blade fans have difference in the blades. One has a collar other is full and one has slightly taller blades.

The one with the plastic had the 69 part number on a Chrysler box, but the impeller is a Chrysler 59/61 Desoto type impeller. Since the casting could fit any engine I am sure the remanufactures used the best casting they had and rebuilt to the standard of the model they had in demand. I can't see how a 28 series casting number would have been assembly line in 1959, and the same for 1969, when the earlier hemis had a 24 series.

I am looking for confirmation of the correct exterior version for assembly line 69 hemi/big block. Thanks. Pictures attached.

IMG_1061.JPGIMG_1062.JPGIMG_1063.JPGIMG_1064.JPG