So i noticed a couple more things that point toward ctm. I got out of the car and watched carefullyas the blinking was happening. The dome light, dash lights, stereo face lights, headlights, brake lights and fog lights all blink on and off simultaneously at a intermitant random pace. It's not affected by bumps in road or turning of the wheel or stepping on a pedal or the on or off state of any of the other electrical components like the heater, stereo or even the headlights (even with the headlight switch off, the dome light and stereo face with still randomly but simultanseously blink.) All these run through the ctm.

Another thing that happened today was when i unlocked my door after work, the alarm started goin off.

So my plan is to replace the battery 1st (needs one anyways) then my headlight switch, then the ctm. I'd really like to put a brand new one in but it seems that there are no aftermarket ctm's being made right now and the dealership ctm is about $400! So I'll have to, for now, find one off ebay or junkyard or a durango being parted out on craigslist. I keep reading that since the key is chipped, the dealer has to reprogram. Im hoping this isnt the case, but we'll see.