Originally Posted By Thumperdart
From what I see they are the same and QF seems to favor red where PF uses black n purple generally but as far as tunes, it's about how they ship em out the door and they are VERY similar according to the size cfm wise...........

My comments build off of yours...

What I see is the same when comparing QFT Q-Series with comparable size Proform "Race" carbs:
- Main body and boosters; they even have both companies' names on the main body castings, regardless of carb brand
- Metering blocks (4-emulsion holes) with pre-drilled threaded e-holes, except where blocked off by undrilled e-jets
- Jets, IFRs, MABs, IABs, emulsion configuration
- Float bowls (I'm A$$uming the same floats, N&S & hardware, too)

What I see that is different when comparing QFT Q-Series with comparable size Proform "Race" carbs:
- Baseplate throttle shafts
--> Q-Series throttle shafts are "slabbed" (thinned), whereas Proform are unmachined (round)
--> Q-Series throttle shafts are installed using teflon bushings, IIRC, whereas Proform shafts ride against the anodized aluminum surface
--> Color (BFD)... Q-Series have red anodized metering blocks, base plates, etc., whereas Proforms are anodized purple
--> There are more carb sizes & booster options available from QFT than Proform; Proform does offer a couple of those only as separate main bodies (e.g., 1.59" venturi w/ annular boosters)

I only compared QFT's Q-Series with Proform "Race" carbs, because QFT's Race-Q lineup uses some different components than the Q-Series, such as:
- Metering blocks with 5 emulsion holes, e-jets in all emulsion holes, and a different emulsion configuration
- Base plates with "dual pattern" 4150/4500 mounting holes
- Bearings used w/ the shafts installation as an upgrade to the simple Teflon bushings, IIRC

I have noticed that although the Q-Series and Race-Q share the same main bodies & boosters for the same size, their tunes aren't always the same. That's probably because they have different emulsion characteristics due to different metering blocks, which can certainly impact the tune.