all replies have been insightful to me, and greatly appreciated. up my one friend keeps telling me i am too analytical, as i study and think about things too much, while i should just "git 'r dun !" my charger needs a new [different] engine because of oil leaks and other issues from sitting over 10 years. the past several months have ingrained the saying an acquaintance uses all the time : "our shopping days left are fast running out !" in other words, i need to start getting some fun in while it is still possible. being fully able to collect [the right] parts, and assemble them to my standards to obtain my wanted results, time is not on my side to do so. i [somewhat] know my budget for this, but i can't actively start shopping until the first of the year, hence the "generic/vague" question asked to prepare me time to gather as much info as possible before the quest starts in earnest. please forgive my seemingly naive, ignorant question, as i am looking for just general guidance at this time. plus persons to help guide me [take me under their wing] in this quest if possible.
beer