Quote:

With TBI the mixture is set before the runners, so it is consistent, leaving you only with charge volume issues.

That's assuming your intake provides good fuel distribution as well.

If I was to run a TBI, I would definitely go with a dual plane. Carbs perform better on dual planes and dual planes tend to be designed for better fuel distribution and better every day type driving. TBI won't need the strong vacuum signal that a carb likes, but it also depends on your efi controller. If you go port injection, then I think you could go either way. Like booster said, port injection delivers the same amount of fuel to each cylinder, so you really need to get an intake that delivers the same amount of air flow to each cylinder as well to keep your a/f ratios consistant between cylinders, be it single plane or dual plane.

On the mopar 4cyl cars I've toyed with, on the port injected cars I've found even air flow balance to make much more difference than single plane/dual plane type, where single plane type intakes that look like they should have performed awful actually ended up providing the best throttle response and performance.