Originally Posted By hemi-itis
Originally Posted By EV2Bird
Rear shacks still allow alot of movement but in a slightly different way. I mounted mine in a way that the spring eye is in the same location as the oem shack had placed it.

Although now as fast as some/many my street racer hits 6.0s at the track 1/8 and most the time I can dead hook on the street if its concrete, is it the sliders, no, just mix of good parts and the longest front segment of the caltrack bar I could come up with using, I think its 24 inches, "I think".

I dont like to copy others but if you look at some of the really really fast caltrack cars and they use sliders as well.

I would like to know how you dead hook on concrete! Is the surface prepped at all? What brand and size tire ? What does your car weigh?
I have ZERO luck with traction with no prep.

I've been doing a few street tire events (300 treadwear or better tire) and had a couple of street races. I use 275 ET Street Pro's when I can, 110 lbs in the trunk directly over the rear bumper and leave in 2nd gear. I won runner up about a month ago at in an '80 and older true street tire class. 1.72 60 ft. And ran 11.70's on a true street radial.

Here is launching on true street 275's. 20 psi.

20171011_141621.png

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.