Hi guys, looking at a 2001 ram 3500, was advertised as being stuck in first gear. Well I get there and I see the dash is all torn apart. I immediately asked what that was all about and he says it's got "electrical issues". It does run well, and the lights and heater work which is all I really care about (will only be a plow truck for my long driveway).
But would be nice to get the gauges working and I have a sneaky suspicion that 2nd and 3rd gears would come back once that is fixed.
For the most part the odometer says "no bus", but if I wiggle it while driving the odometer does tell me the mileage, but still no gauges working (and no 2nd or 3rd gear).
Not sure where to even begin, other than looking for the obvious broken or cut wires? This thing was a municipal truck with a dump bed installed - I was amazed at the butcher action on the install of the electrical portion of it (might be part of the problem).
Is this something I need to run away from, or am I having a pipe dream if I think this is fixable? Thanks for any help!!!!!!