Originally Posted By CMcAllister
For a 3 speed...PPP or the Quarter Stick or B&M Pro Stick style for a more economical choice. I actually prefer the B&M because it comes with a better cable and hardware.

I don't know how you could go from 1st to 3rd with a Quarter Stick. It's intuitive, easy to use, compact, hard to overshift and you can easily go from high to park (or vice versa) without having to jerk on the thing a half dozen times. Yes I hate a ratchet shifter. How do you know what position you are in without counting or starting over from one end or the other? Been awhile since I've used one, but unless something has changed, not for me.

I agree with the quarterstick regards going first to third. I always would put my hand on top of the ball and just bop the shifter back for second. Then squeeze the trigger and pull it in third. Pretty impossible to go first to third unless you put your hand on the trigger, and why would you do that?
Even wirh a wheelstanding 9 sec car i never had any issues with that shifter. Works great.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17