Originally Posted By 1930
Originally Posted By hyefatman
I had my 340 rebuilt a year ago and it sat in my shop. I am now ready to install it into my dart, but I noticed the rocker arms were installed incorrectly. This is something of a concern because the NAPA auto that rebuilt the motor is now out of business. I can correct the rocker arm install however, I am thinking the guy may have made other mistakes. So my question, Do I fix what I see and call it good or do I spend the money and have another rebuilder tear it down and reinstall?
Why would you take it too Napa in the first place, did you know someone there, in my area at least taking your stuff too a Napa machine shop is equivalent to taking your car to Maaco for a paintjob and on top of that a desirable getting rarer every day engine?

If you want it done right, take your time and do it yourself, at least then you will hopefully know at the end that the best was done and if it blows up than you havent done anything worse than the so called professionals at Napa would have done.

I suppose that would have everything to do with the individual NAPA store. Some have had very good machine shops in them over the years. What may have been a bad experience with one should not condemn them all. Gene