Barring any new "challenge" pops up that is a bleepin' show-stopper to my trip to VT this weekend, the next incarnation of The MoPig's engine will be flogged on Dwayne Porter's dyno this Saturday. luck

Everybody loves a good "Guess they dyno results!" thread, so I'll put out all the details for you to come up w/ your #s.

>>>>>>>>>>

I. I'm working off the same 440 + .060" (452) short block as before, but...
- It's got a fresh hone, and I changed from Total Seal "Gapless Top" rings to conventional rings gapped at .020" top / .024" second
- The ring pack also changed to use a Napier 2nd ring, and the oil rings have a little less tension than the last "standard" tension set... 16-18# vs 20-22#, IIRC
- I've made a few tweaks to improve oil control (Milodon "Street Hemi" style w/ windage tray, added a crank scraper, and had some additional oil-return baffles welded in the pan)
- New Eagle 4340 crank, instead of my old OEM piece
- BHJ SFI balancer that I sent back to BHJ to "rebuild" before putting it back into service
- After break-in, it'll have 10w40 in it, whereas I used to run 20w50

II. The heads are standard-port Edelbrock Victors that Dwayne Porter finished for me.
- The heads were originally used by Brian at IMM for a 400 build-up, but he pulled them off after dynoing that combination and I ended up buying them some years later
- I had Hughes do their CNC chamber work
- Dwayne did the porting and a touch-up to Brian's valve job
- Avg CSA is 2.76" and Min CSA is 2.65" (presuming I did the measurements & calcs correctly)

Flow results (because EVERYBODY knows that flow #s tell you EXACTLY how much power an engine is going to make, right? laugh2 )

INTAKE -
0.100 -- 75
0.200 -- 151
0.300 -- 220
0.400 -- 280
0.500 -- 326
0.550 -- 338
0.600 -- 346
0.650 -- 350
0.700 -- 355

EXHAUST --- w/ 2" pipe added
0.100 -- 55
0.200 -- 116
0.300 -- 155
0.400 -- 194
0.500 -- 211 -- 238
0.550 -- 222 -- 249
0.600 -- 231 -- 259
0.650 -- 237 -- 267
0.700 -- 243 -- 274

Oh, the chambers are smaller than my old Stage VIs, which has bumped up the CR from about 10.8 to just under 11.5. We'll be using pump 93 E10 w/ a blend of race fuel to increase the octane some.

III. Cam specs

Oh, boy... my first venture into solid roller territory whistling , whereas I used to run solid flat-tappet cams.

Dwayne recommended a COMP RX roller, a moderately aggressive endurance lobe which he's said has been very successful for his customers looking for decent valve train life when running a solid roller. Since mine is a limited-use dual-purpose application, we didn't want to go w/ a "spring killer".

As measured in my block w/ .800"-wheel lifters:
@ .020" - 300
@ .050" - 266
@ .100" - 233
@ .200" - 184
@ .300" - 134
@ .400" - 68

Lobe lift -- .434"
Net measured lift after lash w/ 600# open spring loads: ~.655"
LSA -------- 108 installed on 104 ICL
Lash ------- .018" hot

Other valve train stuff:
- B.A.M. "Pro Series" roller lifters running in bronze-bushed lifter bores w/ oil-feed holes
- Smith Bros. adjusting screws & 3/8" x .120"-wall pushrods
- Hughes Engines rocker arms
- RAS rocker shafts
- PAC 1243 springs w/ 240#s at 1.90" installed height, ~ 600#s open
- Pro Gear double-roller timing set w/ 9-position crank gear

IV. Induction

Carb... See my other post w/ the options being considered for testing.

Intake... It was originally going to be a modified Edelbrock Victor 440 with the same plenum mods as I've done before w/ good results, but I ended up w/ a Trick Flow intake to try out
- The Trick Flow isn't 100% out-of-the-box, but the work I did to it was only some basic plenum & runner casting cleanup (not even port matched), and making sure any spacers wouldn't have a ledge sticking out from the carb mounting pad interfering w/ the fuel/air mix outta the carb
- I've got various 1/2" and 1" spacers (open, "Super Sucker") to try out, even though I may not be able to use a 1"-tall spacer as installed in the car

V. Exhaust

On the dyno, Hooker 2" Super Comps w/ 3.5" x 18" collector extensions

FWIW, on the car, TTI 2" with an X-pipe about 20" after the collectors and a full 3" exhaust system thru tailpipes to the back bumper. My TTIs don't fit Dwayne's dyno setup, and Hooker 2" Super Comps don't fit an E-body w/ an RB & heads with raised exhaust ports (at least not w/o significant mods).

VI. Misc "stuff"

Well... that's everything I can pull up for background info for this post.

Oh, the rules: (Rules???)
1. Ya' gotta give both the peak HP and torque, AND the peak RPMs for each... just to make it a little more interesting.

2. Give one set of #s for the baseline carb as described in the other post, and one set for whatever you think "the best" of the other carbs tested makes.

NO, I don't know what that carb will be at this point, so it's up to you to think about what you see as potential improvements -- if any -- from the different carbs listed in the other thread.

VII. "Winners!" boogie

1. The person who gets the closest using the baseline carb and a 1/2" open spacer (since I know that size spacer will fit in the car)

2. The person who gets the closest using "the best" carb TBD (that's "To Be Determined" for anyone not familiar w/ the term) and whatever spacer works best with it

Prize?
=> Uhhhh.... maybe I can find a cool t-shirt or something to send to the two folks who get closest. Maybe a gift certificate to a commonly-used parts supplier?

Seriously, I do want to give something here to "incentive-ize" the challenge... work

Oh, the restrictions: (Restrictions???)
1. If I blow it up on the dyno before getting a full set of GOOD data, ya' get NOTHING... except the opportunity to listen to me complain about blowing up my sh!t after all these years waiting to get it back together.

2. Ummmm... yeah, that's the only one that comes to mind at the moment

If everything goes according to plan, I'll have my data by late Saturday, but won't likely be able to post it up until either late Sunday after getting home, or possibly not until Monday.

apimp