Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By Jalaska907
Hey everyone!!

I'm hoping somebody knows the formula or what color the TA engine color is. I rebuilt mine engine sometime ago, painted Dupont Street Hemi Orange, and it is way off. It was the best I could locate at the time, now its about time to put the engine back in the car, and I'm wanting to single stage paint it the proper color. Thanks!

I like to paint my engines in single stage enamel, Dupont Centari Acrylic Enamel, do use the gloss hardener if you go this route, the final gloss finish or lack of it will depend on your spray technique and coverage, personally I like the engine to have a "candy" look with lots of gloss, makes for cleaning a lot easier than the dry look most try to achieve that eventually traps dirt and grease...

As far as the correct engine orange, Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth V2 is your paint code regardless of your paint mfg/type/choice, just have the mixer hold off from adding the metallic paste to achieve the correct color

After doing more research, I have found out that the V2 or (EV2) is for the body color which differs from the engine color. I sent an email to Frank Baladson, Ill wait to hear what he has.

Shipping is an issue, since its fall, paint tends to freeze on the barge or if the UPS guy leaves it outside while we are gone. Shipping on paint is something ill have to figure out, thats why I would prefer a paint code and have it mixed locally.

Still looking for suggestions, the help is greatly appreciated

Justin Baldwin
Kenai, AK