I don't believe there is a company that is called Ohio Forge. I just did a literature search on all the forging companies in Ohio and not one of them looked like they forged automobile crankshafts. There is a brand of cheap Chinese power tools named Ohio Forge, but no relation.

When this topic came up a few years ago someone said he had received his Ohio Crank crankshaft in a box that said Newland. If you look that up you will find that the Newland Group is a Chinese company supplying higher performance parts to the American market.

I'm not complaining, because 90% of the advances in hot parts here in the US have been forced along by the sudden availability of stroker cranks and high quality connecting rods in such a variety that it's almost unheard of any more to not build a stroker. Bigger engines need better heads, better intake systems, more variety and better pistons, etc.

Ohio Crank is making money and employing American workers. Maybe they're just checking tolerances, maybe they're doing finish machine, I will never know. I'm just happy that we have much better options when building engines.

R.