Great air and perhaps some returns from a small modification spelled back to back new bests for me today.

I thought perhaps I could fit a 1/4” spacer between my 1000 HP and RPM intake. Not much room there, but it barely fit. The phenolic spacer showed up smaller in the throat than both my carb or manifold, so I used a flush-cut router to match it to the intake. Then I took my grinder and blended the manifold divider at the corners and narrowed its edge. Had to remove the air cleaner stud and use a flathead screw instead to find the 1/4”. I can now feel that the air cleaner is right up against the hood blanket.

Anyway, the DA was pretty good at Pacific today, around zero, and the big Satellite ran back to back new bests, the last of which was 11.39 @ 116. Car had been running mid 50’s to 60 @ 114 & change most of the year. Early in the spring it ran its previous best of 11.50 at 115.

The interesting thing was that it pulled significantly more RPM at the stripe than it ever has before. Typically I had been crossing the stripe right at my shift point of 6400. Today on the first pass it hit the 6700 rpm rev limiter at about 100 ft before the stripe, still a new best 11.46 @ 115.7. I bumped up the limiter to 7k and the next pass it striped at about 6800 and MPH’d at 116.17

Unfortunately, as I let out of it on that pass, I heard a weird noise under the hood. Sounded as though something smacked the hood. Quickly pulled off to find the water pump / alt. belt laying on the intake manifold. By the time I got back to my pit, the temp was at 220. Day over. Bummer because I hadn’t even touched jetting yet. I’m thinking if I had been able to add some jet to make use of the air, it could have gone faster.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120