I have used a set of chemical goggles for grinding. They work great, I highly recommend them. I wish I remembered the brand but they worked over my glasses and did not fog. My wife picked them up for me at the University bookstore of all places as the students in her labs are required to own a pair for when they are doing labwork. You might check for a pair at a nearby university.

Back when I was building custom composite boats we always worked really hard on dust control. You would have been drawn and quartered by your co-workers if you did that at the boat shop I worked in. Carbon dust is worse than glass and the America's Cup boats were all carbon. I agree on the use of a shop vac at close to the grinding site. Sometimes we would tape together a cardboard collector, just made it up on the spot. The other thing to do is to stop regularly and vacuum up what has fallen back onto the surface so you are not flinging that all over the place. I am sure you know all this.

I know what you mean about the injury to the eye. My wife once scratched (accidentally) my eye with her fingernail. Wow, did that hurt. Not much to do either other than drink lots of anesthetic (fortunately we distill large quantities of anesthetic here on St. Croix). At the clinic I went to to have it checked the doctor used a numbing agent for the examination but he said he could not prescribe it as if you used too much the cornea of my eye would slough off. That got my attention.

Hope you feel better soon and it does not progress to anything worse. The Exploder bit of hub in the eye story makes me feel faint just reading it.

https://www.facebook.com/THENEWCDRA

Proud member of the liberal scientific elite