Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
Quote:
That could be good or bad. If the guy already has a "numbers matching" block in his car then seeing this thread isn't going to make his day.....

I guess that would depend on whether or not he paid numbers matching money for the car but got a re-stamped block in the deal instead, otherwise I'd guess it wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

I'd be doing the happy dance big time if it were my car and there was an opportunity to get my numbers block back, has the block ever been hurt or repaired Andy?

Block appeared to be perfect to me. It is 0.030 over and it had old style pistons in it so perhaps it was rebuilt in the 80's or something. I didn't see any damage to anything. Crank looked factory fresh. I didn't spend a bunch of time examing parts since it isn't my motor and I don't know who owns the motor. I just happened to see this super clean Hemi block sitting on the floor and asked if I could shoot some pictures of it. I had never seen the rail stampings so nice and crisp. Thought it was the best original Hemi block I'd ever seen.