I bought a set of used Hooker 2" Super Comp headers for dyno use, since my TTI 2" headers tuck in too far to fit Dwayne Porter's dyno and this style of Hooker headers doesn't fit a B/E-body well with raised exhaust-port heads like Stage VIs and Victors.

Sunday afternoon I spent a good bit of time cleaning them up, especially trying to get corrosion out from inside the tubes & collectors.

Monday night I grabbed an old head and wanted to make sure the headers would bolt-up OK before I really needed to use them. The driver-side header was OK. Well... actually it was a big PITA because some of the bolts wouldn't start in easily and I fought it for longer than I want to admit before I eventually got 'em all in.

The passenger-side header gave me a bit of a surprise w/ the #2 header tube that's a slip-fit (the #7 on the driver-side is also a slip-fit). When the tube was in the slip-fit joint, the flange wasn't even close to being able to be bolted to the head. And when I bolted down the flange first, the end of the #2 tube wasn't even close to fitting into the slip-fit joint. Grrr... Long story short: the old head tightened into my bench vice gave me a stable fixture, and a long piece of 2" exhaust tube gave me reasonable leverage to get things back in alignment thru a trial & error process that went fairly quickly.

Pics of the ordeal...

Right side - before.jpgNum 2 slip-fit_flange-bolted - before.jpg