Originally Posted By mshred
Originally Posted By Triple Threat
As much as I'd like to help you spend your money, I think you should use what you have and try and get some more out of it. I know its been a few years since you've run the green beast but I remember thinking it has more in it with more tuning.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to go bottom 10's or even high 9's with an Indy headed 408.

If you're set on making the switch, you should buy Ray's short block.

Thanks for the kind words Dustin! Planning to get out to the track for the first time this week in 2 years and im super excited! The car is n/t but already on a small hit its been quicker then mentioned and I had only just started getting it to work...but my reason for thinking of the switch is the crazy nitrous prices here- at 13-16$ a pound its gotten crazy. I have thought about a rebuild for n/a with this LA motor, but I would love to get away from a hard blocked solid roller motor if i am going to only run n/a and continue to street drice like i do, and the g3 seems like the ticket, especially since i have two 5.7 cores and a set of NIB apache heads.

Its still all just ideas at this point but id like to come out rockin next year with something solid whether i freshen what i have or go g3.

I browse the classifieds here but havent seen Rays short from what I can recall

My W9 is for sale !!!! LOL
436 cid hydraulic roller 11.5 to 1
4.04 bore
664hp and 630 tq
Matt