Sorry to crosspost but I'm getting zero response on the Holley forums :-(

Had another go at it and went to check my throttle position sensor settings. Instead of measuring the current (.58V @ idle position), I simply connected my laptop and opened the data monitor page. According to the manual:
Quote:
Change to the monitor screen and monitor the data as shown in the figure below. The Mode should be shown as idle. As the throttle is slowly opened, the mode should change from idle to run to full and wide open throttle. The TPS should be reading 29-31 at closed throttle conditions. If the TPS is not in this range, the user may want to adjust the TPS as outlined in section 17.3.

Instead of 29-31 at closed throttle I got 41, aha! However, even with the TPS adjusted all the way, I couldn't get it below 38. Unscrewing the idle screw on the throttle shaft itself brought it down to 35, but that's it.

So I took the TPS out completely and it actually read 1, which seems to indicate it's working just fine. The problem seems to be with the throttle shaft itself or with the little pickup lever which moves the TPS:

As you can see even at closed throttle position it's not at rest (as in all the way to right). It's almost at 12 'o clock, and there's no way I can adjust the TPS that far.

I tried to unscrew the pickup lever, but it wouldn't budge and I didn't want to damage the throttle shaft by using force. Of course there's also a screw holding on the corresponding lever on the TPS, but I didn't touch that just yet. There has to be a way to do this, please!