Originally Posted By 72 RR DUDE
Ok so i went to a car show today and when i got to the show and when i got home and shut it off it wanted to keep running. So what are the things that would cause that. When it finally stopped running backwards there was a little smoke coming out the center carb. Both times the car started right back up.

dieseling or run is generally caused by hot carbon build up in the cylinders, or lean fuel, or timing conditions causing the sparkplugs to be very hot igniting residual gas/fumes in the cylinders after the ignition is off, regardless of the "ignition" source, as the engine continues to "run on" it can still pull fuel into the combustion chamber running on for some time at times, the factory's cure for this was to have an "idle" solenoid, that would energize at start up and maintain curb idle, then when the ignition was shut off, De-energize and completely shut off air flow thru the carb by completely closing the throttle blades

You need to find the cause of your dieseling, it could be carbon build up, cheap gas, timing, air fuel ratio, etc, etc...a solenoid is merely a bandaid to the problem