i blast for a living. i own a wet blaster, a dry blaster and a vapor blaster,. i blast soda, walnut, aluminum oxide, garnet, glass bead and 5 sizes of glass.

my opinion is based on real work, not something i read on the internet from "a guy who knows a guy who... posts his opinion on moparts" i work on big money cars everyday and have my preference is dry blasting.

first off. have the blaster show you their work (i have 2600 photos on my phone of work i have done for others) have them give you references on work they have done in the past. if they specialize in heavy equipment and "might be able" to do your car, run away. you want a sheetmetal blaster.

wet blasting is NO different than dry blasting other than its wet and messy. you can still warp. if you fall for the cooling metal BS, its just hype. most dustless blasters (green blast pot) have little experience blasting and no training from mmlj so be careful and do your homework on whats involved after blasting.

the only wet blasting i do other than concrete and rock is sail boats. no sheetmetal at all. I would never fill a car with wet product. too hard to remove and you have a short time to remove it even with holdtight in the water.

media size. ask them about it as well. i blast 100-200 grit glass on sheetmetal. it leaves little to no profile (1-2mil) floors, inners ect i use 50-100 grit glass. anything coarser in my opinion is too rough.

everybody has their own opinion on blasting/stripping and thats good. i know what works for me and have lots of happy customers to show for it.

Last edited by chrisf; 09/10/17 01:48 PM.