Quote:

Dave, whatever you do just make sure you have a spare full bottle! They have a bad way of being empty at all the wrong times [don't ask me how I know]
I switched my dragster to electric shift just for that reason. co2 can be tricky and likes to leak so I shut the bottle off after each pass. Single guage regulator is fine, I just put one in the digger. You do have to attach a guage to adjust line pressure then your done. I replace my bottle when psi drops below 500 on a warm day.

I was gonna mention the same thing and then the phone rang. You defenitly need a backup for sure. I would use the gauge to set it up and then remove the gauge because it would break real easy with tire shake.
I also agree with going electric because that CO2 tank will cost you a run sooner or later by being MT. On our TAD we changed the bottle every run because if it went MT, not only would we lose a run(big bucks) we also risk losing the engine when we lose the tranny without any air. I have 6 or so clys and would weigh em after each run to make sure there was enough for another run. We could get about 3-4 runs per 10 oz bottle. I'm sure a lenco uses more air than a shifter does though.
When I used it on my powerglide it would last at least 10-20 runs but eventually switched to elec for the shifter because CO2 was a big pain in the butt worrying about running out all the time.