Quote:

Quote:

Also that silencer pad is ALUM FOIL on the OUTSIDE , its going to TRANSFER the heat ....

The pad blocks heat that would radiate from the valley pan to the bottom of the intake. The amount of alum foil that would conduct heat is small compared to teh fiberglass insulation within, so I'd put my money that the fiberglass wins over the aluminum. Regardless, as mentioned, the amount of heat conducted from the heads into the intake is significantly higher!

I read in a Mopar mag about using a return-style fuel filter from the 80s and running a return line to the tank. Then you install a drilled bolt (or similar) inline with the return to make an orifice. Takes some 'tuning', but the premise is that you allow a pressure drain for the fuel that boils in the carb (and possibly the fuel pump), allowing it to escape back to the tank ILO evaporating.

Make the orifice small enough that the flow loss when driving is between what the FP can supply and what the engine needs.

the heat in the valley pan , maybe 230-250 degrees TOPS , is going to be LESS that the exh temp, over 600 and much higher at WOT , passing thru the exh crossover passage .

as far as the return line ... it's a VAPOR return line , little if any fuel is passing back to the tank .

The problem the OP is experiencing is the same the rest of us experience ... IT'S THE PROPERETY of the CURRENT FUEL FORMULATION.