Originally Posted By screamindriver
12?? I know some pretty big 12 yr olds they'd look like baby Huey back there in one of those...If I was a kid I'd get annoyed fast not being able to see mom, dad, or the road ahead...And I guess no side view in an ebody either...Yep I'd be screaming and throwing stuff in no time..

They don't have to face rearward until they are 12. There is a whole progression of seating now, starting with newborns that face rearward, then moving to forward facing, multi-point seat, and evolving into more upright and less strapped in booster type seating as the kids grow.

I never took my kids in the Challenger when they had the rear facing seats. With three of them only two years apart, there is no way it would have worked. However, once they moved to forward facing, I did get three of them across the back seat. It was wall to wall car seat and buckling them up was a chore.

Yes, laws vary by state for specific requirements but most do have a factor of age AND weight requirements that must be met before moving to the next seating arrangement.

Yes, it is a wonder we survived, but we also didn't share the road with tens of thousands of other distracted drivers playing games on a phone at the same time they were driving.