Originally Posted By sycboi
Originally Posted By Sneke_Eyez

1) Can I run the stock 13 Ram power steering pump with my stock 69 steering box or am I going to have to go to something else due to size and pressure considerations? If so, what, the Borgeson box?

I believe the pressure difference is an issue when using older steering boxes with the newer Hemi pumps. We always went manual steering, like on the Challenger, so it wasn't a concern to run the ps pump. I wish I was educated enough to tell you more.

So I've gotta explore more about the power steering (I'd like to keep it).
I've kind of always wanted to do the Borgeson upgrade anyway, so maybe I'll just pay the money and do it. I'll have to confirm it will work with the stock Hemi pump though.

2) Can I re-use my stock radiator? It is in pretty good shape and doesn't leak.

Yes absolutely. We have used stock and aftermarket aluminum with success.

That's what I like to hear! Anything I can re-use is good!

3) What are people using to reliably get enough fuel to one of these motors? A couple of years ago I put a brand new tank in this car. Should I cut into it and use an Aeromotive Stealth or is there something less expensive I can use that doesn't cost a fortune and doesn't whine too badly if it is mounted outside the tank?

An in-tank pump is going to be your most quiet and reliable option. The set-up just runs cooler and there is more sound reduction with an in-tank. We have used all types and the frame-mount pumps are noisy and don't seem to last an awful long time when they are the high pressure pumps needed for injection applications.

Alright great, will plan on an in-tank then.
Does anyone have a particular recommended in-tank pump for the Hemi swap application?

4) What are people using with a 545RFE as a tranny crossmember?

We have fabbed every crossmember because we either had to make a new tunnel anyways or because it was a 4wd vehicle and it was easier than modding the original.

Ok, I will plan to fab one then. Not too much fab experience in my life, but there's always time to learn!

5) The car is currently column shifted. I will be building a custom center console for it as part of this swap and swapping to console shift, what are people using so shift these 545RFEs?

I console mount a 3-speed shifter, stock slap-stick style or aftermarket, and loop a cable , usually a factory Jeep cable, towards the front and then run it back, mounted to the 545RFE transmission, and clip it on the selector arm.

Thanks, this sounds do-able. Still not sure what shifter I will use for the swap, but this gives me a lot of options.

6) Is the Milodon oil pan still the go-to for swaps? I need that and the pick up as well, right?

We use the Milodon pan & pick-up for factory k-member cars and the rear sump truck pans for vehicles without clearance issues.

So a Milodon it is and I will order that up soon!

7) What is the best way to get the A/C working without spending a ton of extra money? The car is set up for it from the factory, but I've never used it because it was disconnected when I bought the car.

That could be as simple as making proper hoses to make the connections and charging the system to as much as pulling your under-dash hvac box and replacing parts from there to the condenser in front of the radiator.

Alright, I'll explore this then. I'd prefer to re-use as much of the stock system as possible to save money.

8) Anything I should consider doing for maintenance to this 13 Hemi motor before I put it into the car? I want to make sure once it is in it doesn't need to come out immediately, but I bought a fairly low mileage motor so I wouldn't have to spend big bucks on maintenance right off the bat.

Low mileage engine. I'd just get it installed and functional to the car. If it's from a running wrecked vehicle I think you'll be ok to get down the road quite a bit longer before you'll need to worry about internal engine maintenance.

Thanks! I really just want to get it running in the car before I start trying to make more power with it.

Awesome car by the way. Best of luck. -Michael

Thanks for your advice!
The car is a lot of fun!

1969 Satellite Wagon - G3 Hemi Swap Incoming. | 1969 Coronet Post Coupe.
2002 Intrepid ES | 2009 Ram SLT | 2004 300M Special | 2002 300M Pro Am - Hers

Are you a New England Mopar Enthusiast?
Come check out the revived NorthEast Mighty Mopar at www.northeastmightymopar.com
!