That sucks to hear about Gilliam, that was a great track. I went there on drag week 2012 and really liked it.

Our local track here Tulsa Raceway Park was sold to a Quarry that is right next door. They actually shut the season down a little early in 2011. Then a couple of local guys arranged a lease with the company and it has been getting better since. However they had to get creative and they have mud races, 5K runs, rally events, monster truck events and lots of stuff on the property. The bracket program doesn't run every weekend, sometimes only once a month in the summer time. They also store hundreds of new school buses(international bus plant is 2 miles away) and new cars on the 200+ acres so I am sure they get a good fee out of that. They have figured out ways to continue to improve the facility.

Through some dealings at my work I ended up talkng to one of the higher ups at the quarry. He drove me around on kind of a tour with what they are doing. He is a big motorsports fan so I of course asked him what the plans were for the land the drag strip was on. He said they will one day expand there but said "it will likely not be in mine or your lifetime". I was glad to here that and I hope it holds true.

Last edited by Bad340fish; 07/23/17 10:15 AM.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340