I just realized I posted this in wrong place (the regular question and answer instead of here). So here's my question for you fellow truck people: I pulled the trigger and bought a '79 Power Wagon. It is a factory 360-4 and engine sounds great and runs strong. Rust free from what I've seen so far. Floors look good as does frame. Wheel wells and roof drip rail solid and no filler (phew). Just surface scale on frame. Overall truck has been neglected (very obvious) but at least was kept inside. First I have to address wetness underneath. Probably a combination of things. I need to clean it up and see. I have not even had a chance to get a color on the fluid. I'm going to change the oil and filter tomorrow. I'm going to have my mechanic check out the leak/leaks. The engine oil pan does not appear to be the main culprit to me. Mechanic is a good guy, but not a Mopar guy. I'm guessing front gear box is leaking, but again, just a guess. I going to have him get it on a lift and look it over real well and just fix whatever is leaking right now. Going to have him do a trans fluid and filter change now, so maybe the pan gasket is part of the problem and that will solve some of my leaking. As far as the front pumpkin, what might I be in for? This is my first 4wd. I'm looking for any advice to keep in mind when it comes to the 4wd part due to my ignorance. I've had several other Dodge Trucks, just no 4wd's. Thanks!

p.s. that's not my house! wish it was though!

1979PowerWagon.jpg

Facts are stubborn things.