Originally Posted By 6PakBee
Originally Posted By ahy
For paint, have a look at autocolor library. They will mix in their house brand single stage and PPG. Single stage and base/clear. Color match was good for me on my Mopars (plum crazy PPG + late model dark red in house brand) and a non metallic Ford (non metallic single stage in house brand)...

By "house brand" do you mean the 'Restoration Shop' line of paint? Any time I've ever mentioned it on any forum all I've ever gotten is comments about how stupid anyone would be to use it. However, it is the only supplier I've found that can allegedly mix up any color in single stage urethane. You mentioned you used two colors, what did you think of them as far as quality or a comparison to one of the name brands? Any insight would be helpful.

I've used their products a couple times now. I had an OEM color mixed in their urethane single stage. It layed down nicely and has good gloss. No complaints, however I haven't finished putting the car back together yet so it hasn't seen the road yet and I don't want to crow about it before seeing how it does out in the elements. So far durability seems no better or worse than any other paint, I would use it again. I also used their 2k urethane surfacer. It also layed down nicely and sands very easy. I gave some to a body guy I know who used it on his personal vehicle. He really liked it and said he wished he could use it in his shop but it didn't meet VOC limits.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with this stuff so I don't want to go crowing about it too loudly. Their single stage urethane layed down pretty smooth. I thought it was ok until I went into the chevy dealer and saw how rough the OEM clear coat is on an $85,000 corvette and it made my ameteur jobs look like show quality! laugh2