Originally Posted By randavis
I twisted off the height adjustment bolt while trying to increase the ride height of my 74 Challenger. Any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.

I have just had the front end aligned and the tech had lowered the front end from where it was. The left front tire was rubbing on the fender on a left turn. I curled the inner fender lip and molding to gain clearance, but that was not enough. I raised the left side about a quarter of an inch and tried to raise the right side, but the adjusting bolt twisted off clean.

Ugh, that is no fun. Now you'll get a PhD in lower control arm R&R! Might be a little bit tricky getting everything apart if you can't release the tension on the torsion bar. Be careful is all I can say, there is a lot of energy stored up in that bar. If you cut the bar under load it could snap pretty hard. If you pop the ball joint with the bar loaded it could also come apart on you pretty fast. If you get the car up in the air and let the suspension hang down you will take most of the load off. Then you should be able to remove the knuckle and brake strut and knock the LCA forward off of the bar. Once you have the LCA off you should be able to take it to a machine shop and have them drill the bolt out. If the bolt is snapped off clean with the pivot then the whole assembly might just fall out and you can replace it and reassemble. Good luck and I'm sure you won't make that mistake again!