A few years back I replaced the original lower control arm bushings. It wasn't easy getting them out but it took some patience. I then pressed in the new set of Moog bushings. Everything went well.

Years have passed. I am restoring my car, and decided to redo the lower control arms. I pressed out the bushings from the arms. Welded in the Firm Feel plates. I had them blasted then I powder coated them. They look great.

I ordered new Moog bushings, and tried to press them in. I first pressed in the pivot shafts into the bushings, then I applied a very thin coat of grease around the bushing and the inside of the control arm. I pressed in the bushing. I had to try to keep them as straight as possible when starting out.

For some reason the bushing shoulder will not go completely flush with the control arms. There is roughly a 1/16" gap between the control arm bushing surface and the bushing shoulder. If I press them further I just end up bending the shoulder. I have tried several sets. With no luck. Do they have to be seated all the way?

Is using a small amount of grease a bad thing? I did use a small amount on the ones I did years ago. I figured it would be easier to take them apart down the road, and easier to press in.

Any suggestions.