Originally Posted By 73DAD
Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
If your spark plugs still have the "compression washer" on them from the plug mfg, then that's your cause 9 out of 10 times, the tube is your "compression washer", on a HEMI you remove the plugs compression washer before installing them, if this is the case, you may be able to rework the tube ends, otherwise if they are badly drawn you need a new set of tubes

Why would they be ruined? What is leaving the washer on going to do to them, that a taking it off wouldn't do? If anything, I would expect taking the washers off to have a better chance of ruining the end of the tubes.

Not meant to be an aggressive response just genuinely curious. I'm Running RC12YC Champions with the washers in factory heads with a MP plug tube set. I have to take my covers off a couple times a year to lash valves and I see the tube ends every time. So far so good I guess.

I have a preset valve adjuster torque wrench that I also use to torque the plugs because its convenient. The 22ftlbs preset may be not enough to deform the tubes possibly...

Curious about this myself. I don't see how the "extra" compression washer on the plug will do any damage. I've been running NGK plugs w/ the compression washers on them in mine forever. Same set of plug tubes since 2006 and I've changed plugs a LOT.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax