Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you'll effectively destroy an otherwise good crankshaft if you take it to 1.88 journal size on an offset grind for the aforementioned reasons. the oiling holes will be right at the cheek of the fillet.

So an offset grind with honda journals is a no-go. But just grinding down to a honda journal is ok on the oiling hole placement??

Thanks.

Now the stock big block cranks don't have a problem going to honda journals? Is that correct?

no, that's not correct. if the manufacturer plans from the beginning to go to 1.88 rod journals, the drill the oiling holes in the proper place to start with. to do it after the fact by reducing a 2.375 journal down to a 1.88 you'd be removing .495". the oiling hole would be coming out the side of the radius on the crank.

for the crank in question, yes, IMO a 2.00 rod journal is doable.

You sure Dan? I was just downstairs looking at my steel sb crank and if you removed .250 off the face of the journal by the oil hole(.495 total dia) it wouldnt bring the hole near the fillet..

your talking about a smallblock crank and someone else mentioned a BB crank. for the sb crank you'd remove .245 total. if you offset grind it then more will come off the bottm half than the top. either way, i wouldn't do it. i'm just relaying what i've personally seen, your results may vary.