Originally Posted By dogdays
I once rebuilt the last 3-4" of a fender with plastic body filler. This was a front door and the area on the fender right ahead of the door was pretty bad. When I hit it with a grinder it got worse. So I built it myself. It looked pretty good. O drove it for six years after that and there was no indication that it was coming apart.

R.

we once built the bottom quarters of a 69 chevelle by taking duct tape and defining the outside of the quarters, then pouring two part expanding foam into the cavity between the inner and outer quarters. after it set up, a "cheese grater" file skimmed it down to shape because the foam stretched the duct tape outward. after skimming the foam, a coat of bondo, sand, and paint. looked great ! laugh2 mixed up a bunch of left over paint cans to come up with a reddish-orange color, and a fast sale it was ! it lasted three winters until the new owner managed to crash it. upon viewing it in the junkyard, the quarters still looked as good [eek] as the day they were made ! biggrin
beer
[and to think an old guy once told us at the auction : "cars with bondo aren't safe !"]