Robert I think I calculated it went from almost exactly 9.0 to 10.0 and no other changes, I even used the rings and bearings again. Later I tried a few of my other tricks (ford injectors, 205*tstat, electric fan...) but it seems to get to a point of diminishing returns adding MPG tricks. About the only one I didn't try that I really wanted to was going from a 3.55 to a 3.21 rear gear. I am about to do the same zero deck/tight quench experiment on my 2011 5.7 hemi truck.

EGR adds to the total amount of gasses being pumped through the engine therby increasing pumping losses (This is why chrysler went to the MDS system for increased MPG). It also slows down the burn speed requiring earlier ignition and more negative work on the crank. I am still not buying that it can help MPG HC TQ or HP or anything except reduced NOX, same with watter injection except in that case it also removes a lot of heat from the chamber as it evaporates, heat increases pressure and increased pressure means more power instead of burning fuel simply to evaporate water. All my expereminting backs up my theory. Getting the right fuel or tuning would be better.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!