1995 Grand Cherokee. I picked this up recently from a friend of a friend of a friend They were driving it near their home when they were t-boned in the drivers side front fender. Not a very hard hit as there was only fender, bumper, and headlight damage cosmetically and the lower control arm mount and wheel were bent. So mechanically it is an easy fix.

Problem I have is that it won't start. Previous owner claims they drove it home after the hit, which was only a few blocks. When a battery is connected, the lights all start to flash like the alarm has been triggered. I've tried locking and then unlocking the drivers side door as a reset, but it still flashes.

I suspect the collision set off some codes I need to clear before it will start, but with the complexity of the collision detection, alarm, and other modules, not sure where to start. A guy I spoke with locally said to bypass the alarm by cutting a purple/yellow wire in the kick panel and grounding it. Not sure that is the best place to start though.

Suggestions?