Cab you gotta have shocks to control the housing at the hit. Otherwise its a bandaid. We have had it down to 5lbs at times(had others lower) and as high as 7 depending on track conditions. But as I have said a few times if you don't have enough shock to control the housing, or if you have to much bite in the suspension not much matters. You need what it takes to get the car up on the tire quickly so it can accelerate quickly. That is based on track conditions and HP. We out 60' every car at our local bracket races by a good deal. Precisely because we pay attention and let the tire, chassis, and converter work as they are intended.

I also agree you want to run as much pressure as you can. I also agree in a bracket car it is much easier to KILL the tire to ensure it dead hooks. It aint fast but particularly in slower cars its consistent. In a faster car killing the tire is not consistent at all. Not saying you or anyone else needs to be at 5.5 lbs. Just stating the basic physics of whats going on and how it is controlled. Difference between a car running low 10's with a 1.4x 60' and a car running those same ET's with a high 1.2x 60'. All about efficiency

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"