Thank you everyone.
I absolutely should have been done in round two. Dale Meers had me covered on the tree. I missed and was .074, but luck got me through that one and we refocused and had a real good day. It was a double breakout final. 10.480 to my 10.481. I thought I was sitting 10.48 and was dragging the brakes to a 49 or 50. It just looked like he had to be going under further. Turns out I was on a 10.472 pass.

I posted this on Facebook but I'll post it here also.

We had quite the weekend racing at the NMCA Bluegrass Nationals, home of the Dave Duell classic nostalgia super stock event.

We managed to sling the bearings out of the generator on the motor home, fought a very ornery race car for pop, had to move out of a flooding pit area (we were in a low spot), and had real long racing days dodging the rain showers. I loaded the car at nearly 1 am Friday night, and then a great final day of racing. It was a great event over all.

Thank you Rollie Miller and the entire NMCA crew for fighting through all the rain and finding the time to fit in our class runoffs and then all of final eliminations. That was a ton of rain to clear off the track repeatedly and continue give us a great surface to race on.

Thank you Doug Duell for organizing and putting together such a great event. You are a great ambassador for nostalgia super stock and one heck of a competitor to boot. This will be a very memorable event win for me. Having the opportunity to share winners circle with my father, our good friend Barry Camp, and yourself at the event named for your father is truly a special occasion.

I had the good fortune to be in many great races this weekend and come out on the winning side of them. Jim Netherland and myself had two great runs, one in class runoffs on Friday and then again in the final of eliminations on Sunday. The margin of victory for those two races combined is .0031 of a second. Jim has been doing this for many years and is a great competitor.

Now to get it all cleaned up, generator parts ordered, and ready to go to the next event.