So, after Indy Dart sent me pics of his Chargers antenna fender hole (thank you) in response to my previous picture request I realized the hole on my fender was noticeably smaller. I dug my old antenna out and it is certainly a smaller diameter and slightly different in design than the factory style replacement I have. I'll post some pics as soon as I can shrink the ones I have down to a postable size. I'm guessing this isn't some oddball factory option, at least it doesn't quite match any mopar style antenna I can find. That said, I can't for the life of me figure out why someone back in the 70s-early 80s would have gone through the trouble to do the sheetmetal and paint work to shrink the hole down to fit what appears to be essentially a factory type antenna. I just thought I would run it by the board for a sanity check before I break out the die grinder to open it back up to the right size. Thoughts?

After typing this up it occurs to me there's another option, I never found a broadcast sheet for my car, perhaps it was a radio delete car originally? The original dash bezel was butchered for regular am/fm stereo.

71 Charger R/T 67 Barracuda 99 Ram Sport 09 Challenger R/T