Originally Posted By A990
383:
he said it runs fine after it starts.

OP:
Can you give more details?

But he said it wont start without his foot on the gas right ? Which it should since its EFI. Which if he has to put his foot on the gas on that vehicle then its usually a dirty throttle body or the PCM lost the IAC count and dont know where it is. The TPS is not adjustable on it and I found when the TPS is a problem the PCM will keep running the IAC some and the idle will flare and flucuate some since the PCM dont understand it not at idle. They usually have a runaway kinda idle with a TPS problem and a stumble when hitting the gas. But if the PCM looses battery volts from getting to low it forgets the IAC counts and will not run until you step on the gas. Then once it starts many times you can feather it for a minute until the PCM figures out the IAC count. Thats why to me it sounds like a low voltage problem as I have seen it many times over the years. We would have techs replace a customers battery and the customer would come back saying the car stalls or wont start sometimes and if the throttle body was a little dirty it was worse. And he says it cranks slow so the two together of the slow crank and putting his foot on the gas tells me it sounds like a low voltage problem.

Unless I read it wrong of course as I have done that before. smile Ron