Originally Posted By Sinitro
OK.... Here U go..
Pull the connector off the Dimmer Control, there are (3) female 0.25" tab terminals:
1. Make a short 4" jumper wire (18 guage) lead with (2) male 0.25" tab terminals
2. On the connector U just unplugged, insert the jumper lead to the center terminal (Tan wire) and upper terminal (Black wire). Note the Black wire comes off the Headlite switch with 12V+ and the Tan wire goes to the dash instrument lamps. What this does is to simply bypass the dimming rheostadt so now the lites get the full 12V+.
3. Next make another short 4" jumper(18 guage) wire with (1) female 0.25" tab terminals and (1) male 0.25" tab terminal, connect 1 male end to the open female terminal in the connector. And connect the other female end to the bottom terminal on the dimmer control, note that this is grounded when the rheostadt is fully rotated to turn ON/OFF the Dome lite.

Now the dash lites get a full 12V and U haven't cut any wires so U can return everything back to OE specs if U ever get a new dimming control. I hope that helps.

Just my $0.02... wink

This sounds like great advise. I would double check to make sure the dash lights get 12V and not 5V, but otherwise Sinitro sounds dead on correct.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"